Our curriculum stems from the best of what Montessori, Bank Street and Reggio Emilia have to offer.
- Reading Readiness and Early Reading incorporated daily in whole group, small group and one-on-one playing and teaching.
- Daily French lesson in all programs
- Music & Movement, with our own music teacher (& guitar player).
- Daily Science, with our own science teacher.
- High teacher-student ratio which enables us to work in small group.
- During group activities, all children are encouraged to join the group, but not forced to. Children continue to absorb information and experiences even from the side lines.
Our curriculum is child-centered and literary-based. It is well structured and guided but we also tailor it to the children’s interest. Teachers treat the children as individuals. There is no pressure on the child and we let them go at their own pace. For example, if a child has “cracked the code” of reading, we take them to their next level. By the same token, if a child is afraid of going on our Merry-Go-Round with other children, we provide time for that child to use it alone, at his own pace.
Our curriculum respects the child’s inquisitive mind. In additional to traditional learning centers, such as art, building blocks and dramatic play, we offer different age-appropriate enrichment themes, such as Trip Around the World or Our Town, where the children study interactively different countries or roles in the community. Parents partner with us during these themes to share their experiences.